Equilibrant Ltd were commissioned by Specialist Joinery Group to design a long span two bay portal frame extension to their existing factory.
The extension included the provision of additional offices, a new production area and a specialist paint booth. The total area of the extension was approximately 3,384m² with a contract value of £1.5M.
Equilibrant Ltd had the following role and responsibilities:
- Structural design calculations for the new steel portal frame extension in accordance with EC3 and BS EN 1993-1-1:2005 including for appropriate wind and snow loading;
- Production of full Auto CAD drawings showing layout and details etc.;
- Design team meetings and site visits at critical stages;
- Design of reinforced concrete loading docks and dock leveller in dispatch area;
- Detailing of openings between original factory and extension;
- Culverting of existing watercourse.
Specialist Joinery Group were very pleased with the final outcome and have since applied for planning permission for an additional extension. Equilibrant Ltd have been in discussion with the Specialist Joinery Group to provide the same services for the further extension.